On this page;
Information about camping holidays in France – Day-tripper.net the web magazine for visitors to France.
France has the biggest range of campsites in Europe. Only the United States has more. There are 10,430 different camp sites, ranging from 1* to luxury 4* sites. There were 103 million overnight stays in 2009. Today's modern holiday parks and villages offer a range of facilities and onsite activities from indoor and outdoor pools, sports facilities, age-specific kid's clubs and family entertainment.
On this page we list some useful information for campers and caravaners wanting to visit France for a camping holiday.
Camping remains a popular alternative for many people, particularly if you are looking for a good value holiday in pleasant surroundings or a nice site for your caravan.
Useful contacts; Camping and Caravanning Club. Tel: 0247 642 2024. The Caravan Club. Tel: 01342 316 101.
French camping sites – Fédération Francaise de Camping et Caravaning (in French). www.ffcc.fr
(click on logo for direct link)
– Alan Rogers Camping. Tel: 01892 559 898. www.alanrogers.com
– Belvilla Holiday Homes (was Euro Relais). www.belvilla.co.uk
– Campeoles. www.campeoles.com
– Camping and Caravan Club. Tel: 0247 642 2024. www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
– Camping Cheques. Tel: 01892 55 98 55. www.campingcheque.com
– Camping France. www.campingfrance.com
-Canvas Life, Mobile Homes. Tel: 01903 748 123. www.canvas-life.co.uk
– Caravan Site Finder, United Kingdom and France. www.caravansitefinder.co.uk
– Center Parcs. www.centerparcs.com
– Club Cantabrica Holidays. Tel: 01727 866 177. www.cantabrica.co.uk
– Canvas Holidays. Tel: 0870 192 1154. Canvas Camping and Mobile Home Holidays. Tel: 01383 629 000. www.canvasholidays.co.uk
– Carisma Camping holidays. Tel: 01923 287 339. www.carisma.co.uk
– Caravan Club. Tel: 01342 316 101. www.caravanclub.co.uk
– Cottages4you. Tel: 08704 44 1468. www.cottages4you.co.uk
– Eurocamp. Tel: 01606 787 878. www.eurocamp.co.uk
– Easy Camping. Comprehensive camping in France site. www.francecamping.com
– Campings France Location. www.campings-franceloc.fr
– French freedom Holidays. Tel: 01724 28 23 03. www.french-freedom.co.uk
– Hello France. Tel: 00353 21 43 22 158 (Eire). www.hellofrance.ie
– Homair Vacances. Tel: 0033 442 95 77 80. www.homair.com
– Hoseasons Holidays (Holidays lodges and Parks in Europe). Tel: 01502 502 588. www.hoseasons.co.uk
– Keycamp. Tel: 0844 406 0200. www.keycamp.co.uk
– Mark Hammerton. Tel: 01892 525 456. www.markhammerton.com
– Camping Holidays in France. Tel: 01483 285 213. www.matthewsfrance.co.uk
– Mistercamp – French company (France and Spain). Tel: 0033 251 700 555. www.mistercamp.com
– Outcamp (French company). www.outcamp.co.uk
– Pierre et Vacances, self catering holidays. Tel: 08700 267 144. www.pv-holidays.com
– Piere & Vacances have 12 car free family friendly activity holiday villages in France.
– Select Camp Holidays. www.selectcamp.co.uk
– Select Site. Tel: 01873 859 876. www.select-site.com
– Siblu Villages. Tel: 871 911 22 88. www.siblu.com
Siblu Parcs (formerly known as Haven Europe) is the only United Kingdom company to own and operate holiday parcs in France.
Siblu sites, in locations from Brittany to the Languedoc, feature luxury holiday home accommodation, pool complexes, wide-ranging sports facilities, restaurants and bars. Activities on offer range from football academies to French classes, with children up to the age of 14 catered for in one of three kids clubs.
Accommodation on all sites includes spacious holiday homes – where a shower, fridge, barbecue and garden set are standard – chalets and tents. All are complete with pillows, blankets and cutlery. Siblu – the new name for Haven Europe – is the only United Kingdom company to own and operate holiday parcs in France. During 2005 over 110,000 people travelled to its eight owned siblu parcs on France's south and west coasts, and to hand-picked siblu selection franchised parcs in France, Italy and Spain.
Brittany is the region most visited by Brits travelling with siblu, reflecting the boost in favour of short getaways. Favourites including the Vendée and Charente Maritime, situated midway down France's Atlantic coast, and Languedoc on the Mediterranean coast, saw an upturn in fly/drive bookers
– Solaire Holidays. Tel: 0121 778 5061. www.solaire.co.uk
– Suncamp Holidays. Tel: 0845 22 50 931. www.suncamp.co.uk
– Sunparcs (Belgium and France). www.sunparks.co.uk
– Thomson Al Fresco Camping. Tel: 0871 231 3293. www.thomsonalfresco.co.uk
– Vacansoleil Self Drive Camping Holidays. Tel: 08700 778 779. www.vacansoleil.co.uk
"Exciting news for the 2010 season; 35 new campsites in France, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Denmark, Belgium and Holland. New to the brochure is Portugal with five top class campsites on the south and west coast. We have new bungalow tents with a solid and adjustable wooden floor for added comfort. The canvas walls are also more upright so as to create more space inside, allowing room for four sleeping compartments. The Vacansoleil website has been completely changed making it more interactive. It's already live in Holland and the other versions will follow shortly". www.camping-kids.com
– Venue Holidays. Tel: 01233 629 950. www.venueholidays.co.uk
– VVF Villages (French company). www.vvf-villages.com
– Yelloh Village Camping holidays, a French company. www.yellohvillage.co.uk