On this page;
Information about budget hotels and chains in France – Day-tripper.net the web magazine for visitors to France.
The busiest days of the week are Friday and Saturday, Sunday is the quietest.
Budget hotels in France are basic but most have rooms for a fixed price and sleep 3 people (1 double and a bunk bed). Some sleep four. You can pay at reception or with a credit card at the automatic machine.
Entry is via numeric keypad locks using the code printed on you receipt. Breakfast is reasonably priced (about 7.00 euro) and the rooms are generally clean and decoration up to an acceptable standard.
– From Superbreak, Eurostar short breaks. Great value Eurostar Breaks are the ideal way to explore some of the best European city break destinations including Paris, Disneyland Paris, Lille, Brussels, Bruges, Ghent, Antwerp and Ostend. www.superbreak.com
French Hotel Chains • Book a Hotel in France • Booking agencies • Apartment hotels • Bed and breakfast • Budget chains • Chateaux Hotels • Good Value hotels • Hostel accommodation • Gîtes in France • Logis de France • Quality hotels • Calais Hotels • Budget • Good value • Quality hotels • NORD / Pas de Calais hotels • Book a U.K. hotel (Airports)
For other budget hotels outside Calais click here
– ACE Hotels *. A new chain with a small number of hotels including one near Lille. www.ace-hotel.com
– Akena Hotel * and **. Rooms have WC's with wash basins and showers. Small chain. There are three types of Akena hotels; Express (1 *), City (2*) and Relais (2 * with restaurant). www.hotels-akena.com
– Atica Hotels (mostly near Bordeaux). www.altica.fr
– Balladins Hotel. FREE WIFI. www.balladins.com
– BandB Hotel (1 – 2 people, 3 – 4 people. Rooms have WC's with wash basins and showers. FREE WIFI. www.hotel-bb.com
– Best Hotel (1 – 2 people). FREE WIFI. www.besthotel.fr
"April 20th, 2011 – Best Hotel. We are great fans of this chain, a sort of down market IBIS. Although they only have 20 or so hotels in France, the prices are always reasonable and the wifi is free. There is one in Dunkirk and another in Reims, useful for people travelling to the Alps stopping over."
– Bonsai Hotel. Now part of the Balladins chain.
– Brit Hotel, a chain of independent hotels. www.brithotel.fr
– Citotel Hotel ** – 219 hotels throughout France. www.citotel.com
– ETAP Hotels (2011 – ETAP is to be rebranded as "IBIS Budget"). www.accorhotels.com.
– Fast Hotel (1 – 2 people. Rooms have WC's with wash basins and showers. www.fasthotel.com
– Formule 1 Hotels (1 – 3 people. Rooms have wash basins but showers and WC's are on the landings. An Accor Group hotel). Formule 1
– Marmotte Hotels (1 – 2 people). www.hotels-economiques.com
– Quick Hotel (1 – 2 people, 3 – 4 people. Rooms have WC's with wash basins and showers. www.quickpalace.com
– Stars Hotels (19 hotels in France). www.starshotels.com
– Villages Hotels. Most of the former hotels are now part of the BandB Hotel chain. The remaining Villages Hotelsare going to become ETAP hotels, part of the ACCOR chain (7 hotels). www.villages-hotel.com